Join the GMED team today and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
This is an exciting opportunity to join GMED NA and work as a Business Development Specialist.
This role will ideally suit a candidate who can work well in a team, and be highly organized, reliable, accountable, and sales oriented.
The main mission of the Business Development Specialist is to create and build client relationships while sponsoring interactions to obtain projects and transform proposals into contracts to sustain the company’s substantial growth. This role assists in developing and facilitating the proposal process for qualified prospects, and in including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations. This position will report directly to the Business Development and Marketing Director.
- Promotes GMED NA’s expertise and certification services through the array of available products allowed under the current regulations
- Develops and maintains a strong pipeline of opportunities and strong prospects in the field targeted by the marketing strategy
- Establishes and maintains ongoing client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems
- Drafts the narrative that ties the project components together and packages and assists in presenting the proposal to prospects with the support of the operations and certification departments
- Tracks and reports on the status of all proposal components
- Ensures the data is accurately entered and managed within CRM, ERP, and other sales management systems; tracks down record activities on prospects’ accounts to close deals
- Communicates back to internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group, e., clear details, critical timeframes, and expectations
- Forecasts sales targets and makes sure goals are attained
- Assists in developing a budget and price estimate using standard models
- Monitors and anticipates medical devices industry trends; conducts competitors’ analysis and crafts business plans
- Assists in developing project plans, defining roles and responsibilities, and the scope of work for each project with input from project leaders and functional groups
- Works with the marketing team to ensure the strategy answers the market trends and prospects’ needs; identifies opportunities to further brand awareness and increase sales
Who You Are
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, medical device regulations, or other related discipline or associate’s degree and related experience.
- 3+ years of business development and/or sales experience in the medical devices industry with a consistent track record for sales achievement
- Proven experience carrying large quotas and working with long sales cycles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-established project management Analysis, planning, organization, execution, and follow-up
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with a willingness to create strong collaborations among teams
- Upbeat, motivated self-starter, proactive and resourceful
- Experience with CE marking, Medical Device Directive, Medical Device Regulation, ISO 13485, MDSAP
- A desire for continuous learning and the ability to give/receive feedback
- Experience in working in a global setting and leading different cultural teams
Who We Are
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) Authorized to act under European Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on medical devices, European Directives 90/385/EEC, 93/42/EEC, 98/79/EC and Regulation n° 722/2012 on products utilizing tissues of animal origin, GMED certifies a vast range of medical devices and in vitro diagnostic medical devices. An Auditing Organization Recognized by the MDSAP Regulatory Authority Council. We serve the Medical Device Industry with offices in Europe and the United States.
Our goal is to provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide. At GMED North America, we strive to the highest standards of professionalism, competency, work ethic, and customer service. All our employees are the cornerstone of this process because their work directly influences GMED North America’s reputation.
Aside from our expertise and due diligence, we pride ourselves in our diverse workforces, with employees from different parts of the World.
- Commitment to Clients and Patients’ safety
- Team Work
What We Offer
We offer a competitive benefits package including group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, a 401k plan, company-paid life insurance, paid holidays, and a time off program providing our employees with a great work-life balance. We offer growth opportunities within the organization. There are a lot of opportunities and employees are able to apply and move into different roles within the company. We have numerous success stories, and we want you to be one of them.
GMED North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse, inclusive, and healthy work environment with a unique culture.
You are strongly encouraged to submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!