Join the GMED team today and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
The company is looking for a full-time Executive Assistant to join its Bethesda’s office in Maryland.
Working under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the executive assistant provides high-level administrative support to executives of GMED NA and coordinates with French HQ.
Role and Responsibility
In this position, you will have the following responsibilities, which may evolve over time:
Planning and Organizing:
- Provides administrative support for multiple executives, including coordinating and scheduling meetings, booking travel, and reporting expenses,
- Maintains calendars and daily schedules in a proactive, forward-thinking fashion for the supported executives,
- Conducts data research to prepare documents for review and presentation
- Serves as facilitator to ensure fluidity, consistency, and accuracy of information gathered from departments,
- Guarantees preparation and readiness by sending reminders when pre-meeting reports are not fully completed on time,
- Reviews, analyzes incoming memos, submissions and asks for revision if needed then distributes them, as
- Accurately transcribes and records minutes from meetings, including clear actionable items and timelines for efficient follow ups,
- Assists Executives and CEO in preparing meetings and organizes their business trips with all the necessary logistic with the help of the office services assistant
Coordinating and following-through:
- Works both under specific direction and independently to fulfill and anticipate scheduling and workflow needs for supported executives,
- Plans internal meetings by working closely with other Assistants to ensure that schedules are aligned for all GMED NA’s team members,
- Assisting in the creation, formatting, and distribution of agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and other materials for internal meetings
- Assistance with specific team project work, as needed (such as working with 3rd parties to translate essential documents in a timely and efficient way),
- Summarizes meetings’ outputs and communicates the action plan to participants
- Analyzes outcome reports and compare them with past resolutions
- Follows through and makes sure the action plan is executed
- Organizes liaison and ensures communication between French HQ, North America executives and CEO.
Managing business relationships with executives:
- Coordinates continuity of business and completion of action plans
- Helps the CEO in the follow up of each Director’s and Department metrics
- Ensures back-up plans are defined and shared when executives are not present
- Leads by example and creates systems to monitor implementation by executives
- Helps executives achieve their goals and execute their agenda
- Coordinates external meetings with partners, suppliers…
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is ideal
- 5+ years of relevant experience,
- Able to work legally in the United States.
Skills & Competencies:
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism is required.
- Utilizes the highest level of integrity, business etiquette and
- Assumes ownership of work; thinks strategically and is
- Technologically proficient; capable in the use of Microsoft Office programs with the facility to learn new software programs and perform basic office equipment troubleshooting.
- Writing and oral Proficiency in English and French,
- Strong communication and organization skills,
- Ability to effectively disseminate information in a concise and clear manner,
- Proactive, solution oriented,
- Ability to drive a culture of inclusion and engagement to facilitate decision-making,
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility,
- Stress Management/Composure,
- Ability to handle complex projects,
- Accuracy and detail-oriented.
Who We Are
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) whose scope covers all of the existing European Medical Device Directives (90/385 / EEC, 93/42 / EEC, and 98/79 / EC) and an Auditing Organization Recognized by the MDSAP Regulatory Authority Council. We serve the Medical Device Industry with offices in Europe and the United States.
Our goal is to provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide. At GMED North America, we strive to the highest standards of professionalism, competency, work ethic, and customer service. All our employees are an important part of this process because their work directly influences GMED North America’s reputation.
Aside from our expertise and due diligence, we pride ourselves in our diverse workforces, with employees from different parts of the World.
What We Offer
We offer an excellent benefits package including group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company-paid life insurance, paid holidays and time off program, providing our employees with great work-life balance. We offer growth opportunities within the organization. There are a lot of opportunities and employees are able to apply and move into different roles within the company. We have numerous success stories, and we want you to be one of them.
GMED North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse, inclusive, and healthy work environment with a unique culture.
You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts together with your resume and your cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!