Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP) for Manufacturers
Identify the keys and tools required for a successful MDSAP audit
2-day training session (split over 5 half-days) | Virtual Classroom
About the training
MDSAP should be considered as a strategic asset for organizations based globally, if they export or intend to export medical devices to participating countries.
The program allows an MDSAP auditing organization to conduct a single regulatory audit of a medical device manufacturer that satisfies the relevant requirements of the regulatory authorities participating in the program.
The program is beyond the pilot program and is now running full speed starting up to replace the normal structure audit.
The countries which are using the MDSAP reports and certificates are Australia, Brazil, Canada, Japan, and the USA.
Argentina’s National Administration of Drugs, Foods and Medical Devices (ANMAT) and Republic of Korea’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety are now Affiliate Members and World Health Organization and European Union are Official Observers to the MDSAP Program.
The requirements are based on ISO 13485, so a basic understanding and knowledge of the standard are beneficial.
Pascal Bisson, Dipl. Ing., MBA Lead Auditor (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016, MDSAP) and Certification Project Manager and MDSAP Subject Matter expert, GMED North America.
Pascal Bisson holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Alberta, Canada, and a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Ecole Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Metz, France.
With more than 20 years of experience, he has been involved in leading projects in design and development, production, supply chain management and business development. His technical expertise spans various fields, including electromechanical devices, circuit boards, software/firmware, nanotechnology processes, molding, machining, and 3-D printing. Pascal has worked with organizations of all sizes, ranging from start-ups to large corporations, across different countries, such as EU, Canada, United States of America, and Mexico. He is also a co-author of several patents.
Who Should Attend
- Management Representatives
- MDSAP Implementation Teams
- Internal Auditors
- Others who would like to learn the MDSAP auditing process for management systems based on ISO 13485 using MDSAP Audit Model
- Acquire the knowledge and develop the skills required to be prepared to support an efficient and successful MDSAP audit within your organization
- Understand how the MDSAP program works and how it is different from the ISO 13485 through its country-specific regulatory audit approach, the grading and handling of the nonconformities, and the handling of the audit report
- Understand MDSAP Audit Model and Audit Trail
- Help your organization to assess and adapt your QMS processes with the MDSAP requirements for the jurisdictions where your products are marketed, to be prepared to support an efficient and successful MDSAP audit by your selected Auditing Organization
- Practical working sessions
- Course evaluation
Check out the Program
- MDSAP fundamentals
- Principles and approach of the program
- Regulatory requirements covered by the program
- Differences with the traditional ISO 13485 audit
- Linkage between the processes and tasks
- Initial certification audit (different phases) and audit cycle
- Audit situation: audit plan (selection of the tasks, defining the audit scope), non-conformity grading, audit report